Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 6

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,053
· Newest Member: Rinla

View Thread

Print Thread
Depression
justfoundout
#61 Print Post
Posted on May 10 2010 10:37 PM

5/10/10
That's okay, Laura. Please don't feel like a fraud. Everyone knows that 'feelings change'. Things look completely different depending on our feelings about the situation. And when one's health isn't good, then things that would thrill us when we feel good, only look like 'too much work' for us to handle. When we feel good, we 'can't wait' to get started on projects. I think that it just surprises you that only a short time ago, you didn't feel like doing things that now seem to be just 'normal' accomplishments. I'm just happy that you are feeling better. - jus'

Laura
#62 Print Post
Posted on May 11 2010 02:11 PM

Thanks Just,

Ye its been 6 months of utter hell as you guys know. I feel like I was living someone else's life for the 6 months. Still feel its all surreal at times. But least I know I can get through the toughest parts of depression

Thanks again guys, you guys have made me realise there is more to me than just depression!!!!!!!! Grin
BEEN THERE DONE THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT

justfoundout
#63 Print Post
Posted on May 11 2010 03:06 PM

5/11/10
Glad to be of help. Please don't hesitate to post, even if you don't feel well. We aren't just 'fair weather friends'. - jus'

RottieWoman
#64 Print Post
Posted on May 12 2010 01:13 PM

HUGS,Laura!
Happy you feel better today!
Smile

Laura
#65 Print Post
Posted on May 13 2010 12:23 AM

Thanks Rottie,

I am feeling FAB Grin just wish people could see it though and I was working but guess 1 step at a time

RottieWoman
#66 Print Post
Posted on May 13 2010 01:03 PM

welcome

even- one breath at a time....

Laura
#67 Print Post
Posted on June 08 2010 01:06 PM

Having a few crying spells... does this mean my depression has become worse like I have crashed? I cried in front of my Mum and my Counsellor and again in front of my Flat-mate

I have had to move back to my folks house as I am in debt. I am still "happy" (ish) but why do I cry.

I had my 2nd last session last week with my Cousnellor and ended up crying when she asked how I was feeling surrounding leaving her. She is giving me an extra session so we can explore why I am tearful at finishing with her.

I feel like an idiot!

justfoundout
#68 Print Post
Posted on June 08 2010 02:18 PM

6/8/10
Dear Laura,
I'm glad to see you here posting again, but I'm sorry that 'feeling down' is the message you've had to bring. Moving back in with your parents is the only solution for now. I'm just glad that you've got 'a place to land'. Some people don't have that. This isn't a time to add even more stress to yourself by worrying about bills. This isn't a permanent solution, as you have hopes and dreams for yourself. But even if what you had was a broken leg, you'd still need a temporary 'landing place'. Probably because your 'illness' is invisible, this makes it more difficult for you to accept help. But here on this forum, we already know that our 'invisible' learning disabilities make it more difficult to explain what's wrong to other people, and it's the same with the feelings behind your crying and sadness,... difficult to explain to others, and yet a very real problem.

That's good that the therapist has allowed you an extra session. Don't forget the fruits, vegetables and salads that you were eating a few weeks ago. Muster the energy to take care of yourself, and I hope that you feel better soon. - jus'

Kestrel6
#69 Print Post
Posted on June 08 2010 05:34 PM

Don't let the teary episodes throw you; remember we girls have reasons to be teary every month!
Blessed are the PURR in heart!

http://twicetoldtails.googlepages.com
Laura
#70 Print Post
Posted on June 09 2010 10:57 PM

Hey guys, I went to see gp today. She says the Psychiatrist ahs discharged me as I am "fine" FINE WHAT EVER!!!! She has upped my meds again.

Thanks just, that means a lot that I can come here and "explode" if ya like. I know just trying to be me again in my folks house but I am not me at all. I am putting my mask on again. Not sleeping at all and I am crying and worrying about everything. I am extremely hyper too!!!

I have decided not to go to college and any chosen career as I am just unsure about it all.

I am back eating my "healthy foods" although the no eating is sounding appealing. But I am eating stuff so thats good I suppose.

Thanks Kestrel, Haha!!! I know maybe its peramant with me who knows Grin

dandy22
#71 Print Post
Posted on June 09 2010 11:35 PM

Evie dee,
I'm so sorry to hear that. My brother went thruogh something similar about three months ago. My mother sent him to a mental hospital and he has recovered. I personally have never been through what you're feeling, but my family and I will pray for you to make a full recovery. You are in my thoughts.
God bless you. -dandy

justfoundout
#72 Print Post
Posted on June 10 2010 01:41 AM

6/9/10
Dear Laura,
If the psychiatrist has dismissed you are being 'fine', just imagine how bad the 'others' are! Whoaah! I'm glad that you're not forgetting to eat the fresh fruits and vegetables. One other thing,... on being hyper,... I know that there can be sooo many reasons for this, but of 'one' reason I'm sure, and that is that you need calcium to feel calm. Are you geting calcuim? Google it to find out how to get it, please. I drink milk, but not everybody can or does. - jus'

justfoundout
#73 Print Post
Posted on June 10 2010 01:44 AM

6/9/10
Dear Dandy22,
Just a note to you, as you're new, to clear things up. Evie Dee started this Thread, and we all love her here, but she hasn't visited the forum since December 31st, of last year. Are you sure that you weren't meaning to direct your (above) post to Laura? - jus'

CheshireKat
#74 Print Post
Posted on June 10 2010 01:48 AM

Laura, have you talked to your GP about referring you to another psychiatrist? I don't see how the first one could discharge you as "fine" when they only spoke to you for ten minutes.

Also, you don't need to feel like an idiot about being teary at the thought of leaving your therapist. We form very strong bonds with our therapists, we bare our emotions to them in ways that we don't do to other people. The bond you have with your therapist is a very unique one that you don't emulate in other areas of your life, and leaving that "safe" person with whom you can be totally honest and who validates you and makes you feel important can be really scary. Most people who have been working with a therapist for an extended period of time feel that way, it's perfectly normal.
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." - Eric Hoffer

Laura
#75 Print Post
Posted on June 10 2010 08:45 PM

Just, I know I am just totally baffled at what can be made in 10 mins. Its the strangest thing ever I have had to go through. Hmmmm... calcuim. I am not a fan of milk I have to say. But I will search it on google. I do eat cheese??? not a lot but I do like cheese.

Kat, my GP says I am doing well so we are gonna see how my upped med dosage will do. Hopefully it will make me feel better. I know its a joke from the Psychiatrist. But hey ho apparently I am "mentally healthy" haha!!!Grin

I know, I just felt totally weird as I just cried out of no where. Plus I had never showen any emotions when I have been with her. Glad its "normal" as I have been freaking out.

I had my 2 week review at work today. My Area Manager said I looked really well/smiley and bright. Asked about sleep and I said no where near what I would like as I have had 2 steps back in that area. Talked about my risk assessment and the minutes from last meeting. She asked how I have been coping with my new team and service user. She said my boss (practioner, not my manager) has been singing my praises and saying how well I am working with the guy and how well he has responded to me. We spoke about how I feel I have been coping. I am upping my hours to 24 hours a week 6 hours 4 days a week. This will be in place 22nd June. I asked her about my role in work am I still a Senior Support Worker. She said despite ALL of the issues I have had she has never doubted my ability to work at a Senior level and I have and will ALWAYS be a senior Grin HOW HAPPY AM I She said in time I will lead shifts and take responsibilty and also be a Key Worker too but at the mo she wants me to settle in first then she will add more pressure onto me.

Also my best friend from work is going back to uni in September so she is reducing her hours from 37 to 16. This means she will not be able to lead 1 of our service user's team. He is the guy I really love working with but can't at the mo. So we were talking today saying who she would recommend to take over as his Key Worker. My friend said me. I said no way I couldn't so it as I am not there yet and work will prob not allow it etc. She said she is gonna mention me. I doubt I will get the role as Key Worker for his team as much as I would love to prove I can do it. Just need to wait and see

justfoundout
#76 Print Post
Posted on June 11 2010 01:22 AM

6/10/10
Dear Laura,
What I'm liking about what you've told us is that there 'is' something in your job that you would look forward to doing. So many times I've had jobs where I could barely 'do' the job that I was doing, and there was no other 'higher' or 'more interesting' thing that I could have done within the whole company. Those are the jobs that become a drudgery. But I can see that you have the 'vision' of where else you can 'go' with this job that you have now, and I'm happy for you. I hope that you'll be advanced just as soon as you are able to handle it. I hope that your sleep meds are sufficient and that you'll be able to stay with that dosage for a while with no problems. - jus'

Laura
#77 Print Post
Posted on June 11 2010 10:38 PM

Hey Just,

I had a fab shift tonight. I am on a high as it was really good. The guy I work with when he likes someone he will tell his other staff member to "go home" He actually sat next to me and told his other staff member to "go home" The colleagues he was saying it to is one of his fave support workers and he chose me out of the 2 of us. That means a lot.

Then I found out my friend has had a baby girl so I am estatic. Had a great convo on the phone with another colleague and what a great night. Thinking the upped med was the best solution as I feel "happier and better"

CheshireKat
#78 Print Post
Posted on June 11 2010 11:28 PM

Laura, like Jus I am glad to hear that you have a positive vision of where you can go with your job. Smile It's always motivating to have good goals like that, it makes getting up and doing your daily work a lot easier and more rewarding. Although I am concerned by your sudden upswing... I know that sounds silly, to be concerned because you feel good, but it's because you feel SO good.

Just keep an eye on yourself and make sure you aren't doing anything spur of the moment. A good rule of thumb when you want to do something impulsive is to wait 48 hours. If it still sounds like a good idea after 48 hours, then it's probably okay. Another thing you can do is run it by 3 friends before you do it. Let the majority rule - if two of your friends (or all three) say it's a bad idea, then listen to their judgment and don't do it, even if you think it's a good idea at the time. Sometimes when you're in a really, really good mood like that you might feel compelled to do something on impulse that you wouldn't do otherwise.
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." - Eric Hoffer

justfoundout
#79 Print Post
Posted on June 11 2010 11:40 PM

6/11/10
Hi Laura,
I'm glad that you've had a good day at work. Lots better than having a 'bad' day at work! Which of your friends had the baby girl? Not that we need her name. Does she live nearby so that you can share with her in her new joy in person? I'm glad that you're sleeping and I hope that you've hit upon just the right amount of medication. Even the fact that you've been able to go to work and get through the day is a wonderful improvement. Thanks for telling us about your accomplishment and that you are safe and happy. - jus'
Edited by justfoundout on June 12 2010 01:24 PM

Laura
#80 Print Post
Posted on June 12 2010 01:57 AM

Hey Kat,

Thank you!! for your pot. I am fine though. I am just hyper I think more than anything. I think if I did anything "spontaneous" my friends/family would be like no way if it was a bad idea. Besides I am constantly asking for the go head from people over most things in my life. Unsure if that's my little quirk or if its the depression quirk??

Just, thank you!! My friend is actually 1 who I have never spoke to you guys about Smile, purely for the fact she lives in London. She moved there with her Husband 2 years ago. Its a pity she doesn't live in my area. We have kinda drifted apart as we live quite a long way away from each other. We were school friends.

Erm.... sleeping hmmmmmmmmm thats tricky its up and down. My sleep pattern is a mixed up bunch. Lets put it this way its nearly 3am and I am just not tired. I had a great sleep last night so tonight I am just not tired.

Thanks Just, I know I can not believe I have managed 3 weeks at work. It has throwen me as I have never been able to handle 3 weeks since last year. I am a pretty happy/hyper lady tonight haha!!!

Jump to Forum: