Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,056
· Newest Member: SBP

View Thread

Print Thread
WHAT CAREER OPTIONS ARE THERE FOR PEOPLE WITH DYSCALCULIA?
Antony
#1 Print Post
Posted on May 29 2008 11:44 AM

Hi, I have just recently discovered after 34 years I may have a mix between dyslexia and dyscalculia. However, I am in the process of applyingg for the test in order to be offically diagnosed.

I am hoping someone may be able to answer my question - there are numerous websites and help in relation to dyslexia, because it is more recognised than dyscalculia is at the present time. Additionally, there seems to be a number of career/study direction a person with dyslexia can aim towards and become successful in, e.g. architect, social sciences and so forth. What I am wanting to know is - what good career direction a person with dyscalculia can aim for without maths being a major factor?

thanks

justfoundout
#2 Print Post
Posted on May 29 2008 12:30 PM

5/29/08
Dear Antony,
Good question. And I know that a list of good (or at least possible) careers for dyscalculics does exist on the internet. One of my friends found this list on the internet and began reading from it to me while she and I were on the phone. I didn't see the list myself and I haven't asked her how she found it. I recall that one career was "lawyer". Please let us all know if you find this information online yourself. And I'll ask my friend how she found it when I talk to her again.

As I understand it, once a student passes College Algebra (or gets it waived), that student will not have to take another math course if he/she goes on to study law. Let me know if you are able to confirm this.
justfoundout

Antony
#3 Print Post
Posted on May 30 2008 06:14 AM

Yeah, I've been looking on the net for the list myself...can't seem to find anything related to jobs/careers for dyscalculics.

antony

dawn
#4 Print Post
Posted on May 30 2008 01:41 PM

I posted a thread here once called my career choice . Stick it in search ( top left corner,navigation square) and see where people have found hope and despair.

Antony
#5 Print Post
Posted on May 31 2008 07:34 PM

THANKSPfft

Jump to Forum: