Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 3

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,053
· Newest Member: Rinla

View Thread

Print Thread
Dear . . .
reverend blamo
#81 Print Post
Posted on June 24 2009 01:14 AM

I am really bad at keeping track of newspaper articles or my MANY tv appearences (Pfft) I need to get DVDs of them (both). I am going to see if I can get some one to photograph the work shop. Then i might share...I am kinda shy ya' know.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
Elvis Costello

justfoundout
#82 Print Post
Posted on June 24 2009 03:32 AM

6/23/09
Dear Blamo,
It's time to get over that 'shyness', now that you're a celebrated artist. - jus'

elena532
#83 Print Post
Posted on June 24 2009 07:52 AM

reverend blamo wrote:
Hi Elena532 (HEy! what's with the numbers in the name? )

I will give you the good news, No I never got to work for Industrial Light and Magic. (Adam Savage and Jamie Hinnaman from Mythbusters met there ya' know) however I am very happy creating the art that I do. I am fairly established as a photographer, I still do illustrations and now am a metal sculptor. Next week I have a workshop were I will be teaching college art students how to produce metal sculptures out of bike parts. The irony is that is my dad who (sort of) taught me how to weld.
My point is this...it really dosen't matter what others think you can do. It dosen't matter if they EVER think you accomplished anything. It only matters that YOU feel that you achived your goals. That you created what you wanted.
Artists DO get jobs and sometime really good ones. I work with about 10 artists and we are always creating stuff. I have been on Television twice now talking about my work and will be on again soon to talk about my metal working.
About the bullies, I have seen some of them recently. One had just gotten out of prison and boy that humbled him a lot. A couple died. Some are such drunks/druggies that they may as well be dead.

My best revenge is thriving when the others failed and yours will be too.

i think its great you have madea sucess of what you love to do! once a year or so, i write down what i want to do as a proffession in life. i score out ones that involve m,aths and write them on post its in my room, so i wwill look for them.
strangely, one is a ed. physcoligist or a orensic physcolist.. and im looking of an ed to be tested!
as for the no. in my name... to get on to school i have to type in as my username edurey532. so to make sure i remember it iused it in my username here. i trust yu all here so yeh, i used my surname. or is it mine???LOLanywhay... if you post some of your art,.. then i might be persued to show my rubbish drawings..lol. i said maybe.. thats also a 50% chance of a no.. (i think anyway)
best revenge is showing some one you can... i think its the same as you said.

elena
Don't annoy me, I am running out of places to hid the bodiesPfft

reverend blamo
#84 Print Post
Posted on June 24 2009 06:02 PM

It might be easier if I provide links....well at least for me. I am not sure if i can post photos here properly.

If interested.....myspace.com/reverendblamo
jablums.com/reverendblamo
myspace /rollstonestudios
or
rollstoneartists.com

Now...let's see your work...Grin
Edited by reverend blamo on June 24 2009 06:03 PM
Elvis Costello

justfoundout
#85 Print Post
Posted on June 24 2009 08:44 PM

6/24/09
Dear Blamo,
You are a master at the 'scenic pics'. Beautiful. Also, I especially loved the otter in 'wildlife'. And, your 'fire pics' scare me. How did you get there so soon? Were you listening in on a special radio? -jus'

reverend blamo
#86 Print Post
Posted on June 25 2009 09:58 AM

thank you very much. I love doing the wildlife photos, it usually means sitting in the woods, covered head-to-toe in camoflauge, waiting for the animal to (hopefully) show.

I used to work on staff at a couple of newspapers and have a couple police scanners in my truck and in my house. I usually show up at the same time as the fire deptment. And yes. they are kinda scary. That is the idea, to show the drama that is a house fire. Obviously it is a tragic event for those involved, and I don't think there is a better way for others to understand the impact than a photo. ....although sitting in the woods is far more peaceful Smile
Elvis Costello

justfoundout
#87 Print Post
Posted on June 25 2009 11:48 AM

6/25/09
Dear Blamo,
Aha! I thought so! I couldn't figure any other way that you could have taken those 'fire pics' other than having a special radio to hear the calls come in.

I'm so happy for you that everything is working out well. You are a very talented artist. Thanks for sharing with us here on the forum. -jus'
Edited by justfoundout on June 25 2009 11:49 AM

elena532
#88 Print Post
Posted on June 29 2009 07:06 AM

Now...let's see your work...Grin[/quote]

um....lol. well today im going to my friends bday, and sleep over...
and i might touch up on a few nearly done stuff. but gee im just 13!
and i just sort of understand how to scan upp drawings!
ill make a new thread in the bit for art.. so i link here once its up!
Wink so tomorrow or the next!

elena532
#89 Print Post
Posted on June 29 2009 07:08 AM

ps. blamo, i cant open the links... but from other peoples comments.. i think your art is class!Grin

reverend blamo
#90 Print Post
Posted on June 29 2009 11:51 PM

thanks for saying so. Don't worry, no pressure, but I'm sure others will look forward to seeing your work too. When you can post it on the section "member artwork"
I absolutley think you should continue producing art. What better why is the to express yourself? It doesn't have to be some epic painting, just a cool drawing or object.
Elvis Costello

elena532
#91 Print Post
Posted on June 30 2009 04:42 PM

reverend blamo wrote:
thanks for saying so. Don't worry, no pressure, but I'm sure others will look forward to seeing your work too. When you can post it on the section "member artwork"
I absolutley think you should continue producing art. What better why is the to express yourself? It doesn't have to be some epic painting, just a cool drawing or object.

i dout i will do gcse or a level art... bbut i will keep it as just a hobby.
hell, dont take that away from me! lol
but even 18 yaers down the line i might be putting pencil to canvas!
i drew my friends favorite actor for her birthday present.... now here mum asked me to do a drawing of her favorite actor...Frown not impressed. but i have got all summer!
ill touch up some now after dinner and then maybe try and scan them up... ill get my computer wizz bro.. well one of the 4 to help me out! but i might not even get to after dinner, but i hope so anyway.Smile

David
#92 Print Post
Posted on July 05 2009 02:20 PM

Dear various math teachers; Thanks for only making snide remarks about my trouble with math and not trying to help me, it really helped make me into the self-hating person I am today.

Dear various math tutors; Thanks for trying to use the same learning methods with me, none of which worked. Also, thanks for telling me "You're just lazy, you need to try harder!" it didn't help at all.

Dear father; Thanks for calling me lazy and telling me that i needed to try harder and for making fun of my clumsiness, it really helped to lower my self-esteem. Oh, and thanks for constantly asking me to join the basketball team even though I have the skills of a blind brain dead monkey.

justfoundout
#93 Print Post
Posted on July 05 2009 02:55 PM

7/5/09
After reading David's last paragraph (above, and thanks for the 'visual', David), I'm going to add something here that doesn't exactly 'go with' this Thread, but doesn't exactly 'go with' any other Thread either. About 5 years ago, I used to work for a huge company that did money transfers. Each operator worked at his/her own computer, wrote his/her own comments, and answered calls as fast as his/her little brain permitted. There was really no 'team' aspect to any of it. But large (highly regulated) companies have to be careful that managers and supervisors not 'pressure' any operator beyond what he/she can bear. So, the companies came up with the idea of putting everyone on one of several 'teams'. The 'teams' can then get prizes if they 'beat' the other 'teams'. IMHO, the plan was that the 'team' would put pressure on whichever member wasn't pulling his/her own weight. Then, where the company's 'right to pressure' leaves off, the 'team' can kick in and 'pressure' to their hearts content.

In David's last paragraph about his father asking him to join a 'team', I saw a 'flash' of the same ideology that is used by large companies. When the 'power-holder' reaches his/her limits of how much pressure he/she can legally apply, that 'power-holder' will automatically look around for an ally to help 'get the job done.' - jus'

Pauline
#94 Print Post
Posted on September 23 2009 04:41 AM

Dear M'am LCI,

I got a bit downhearted when you called me to stand up and answer the question on the blackboard mentally. I couldn't answer anything because I was nervous and I couldn't get it right in my head. And when you told me to sit down, you said that as if the problem was that hard to solve when it's real that easy. I felt bad and humiliated. And you always call me to answer mental questions and when I shook my head 'cause I don't know the answer you will try to plague me with your words of discouragement. I'm not saying that I hate you. Because to me, insulting me with this kind of disability is not a big deal. But rather joking around that's all you do. At least you can help students with this kind of disability so yeah. That'd be all for now.

P.S Those boots will not make you look taller!

evie dee 2
#95 Print Post
Posted on November 10 2009 01:15 AM

Dear Becky D.,
For five years, you have made me feel like crap. For five years, you put me down on a daily basis. For five years, you called me names. For five years, you felt like you were better than me. Having a perfect A average, being a baton twirler in the marching band, be an oboe player in the orchestra, and be a valedictorian does NOT make you better than anyone.
Your taunts have made me feel like a failure at 30. Yes, I'm 30-just hit the BIG 3-0, in fact-but I never forget the hell you have put me through. For five years, what you have done to me has left mental and emotional scars. I have been engaging in cutting since I was 15-and you have a big part in this. I hope one day that I can stop, and forget.
I will never forget the time that you publicly humiliated me in the school library-in front of a bunch of kids from my history class. You were the one who got several kids to trip me, kick me, knock my books out of my hand, etc. You were the one who kept saying that I will never amount to anything. You were the one who kept saying that I was a waste of space.
What you did to me was so traumatic, I can't even describe it.
Let me put it this way, how would you feel if someone did the same things to you for five years?
I sense that there is nothing but evil inside of you. You're heart is as black as the ace of spades.
Signed,
Eva Dedenbach

SueBlue
#96 Print Post
Posted on December 04 2009 01:57 PM

Dear Infant School Teachers:
Thank you for entirely ignoring the fact that I wasn't moving fast through our number books. I don't recall a SINGLE time any of you ever presented a lesson on arithmetic. Just got us to work through those silly workbooks on our own! Are you really surprised I just fell through the cracks?

Dear Junior School Teachers:
Thank you for those punishments you meted out. Did you really think that keeping me in at break, making me carry on with my sums through storytime, or yelling, spanking and complaining to my parents would help me to be able to do my sums?

Dear Mum and Dad:
Thanks for not accepting that I had a problem. I suppose you thought that telling me that I was lazy and wasn't trying at sums was going to give me suddenly this computer-like calculating ability? Did it not register with you that it made no sense that I should be top of English but suck so bad with figures, and that there must have been more going on here than meets the eye?

Dear Educational Psychologist:
Why did you have to tell my parents and the school only my full scale IQ, and not go over what it meant subtest by subtest? Or did you just use a test that had a quantitative reasoning subtest (at which I have no problem), rather than an arithmetic section, which would have highlighted the full extent of the problem compared to my overall ability? By reporting that I had scored at the ceiling of the test only reinforced my parents' and teacher's opinions that I couldn't have been trying. Shame on you.

Luey
#97 Print Post
Posted on February 10 2010 11:20 PM

Dear Mr. J---,

Thanks for telling my parents that I was too stupid to go to college. I have a master's degree now, you a**h***.

Dear Z--,

Thanks for breaking up with me because I can't do math. I guess that's what you get when a dyscalculic dates a math major. I guess I shouldn't have said "math is stupid" so many times. I wish that you had realized the pain, fear, and stress I associate with math. I wish that you hadn't tried to prove your point that "anyone can learn math" by trying to teach me some. I wish you had known that I was in love with you.

Dear Dad,

Thanks for trying. You spent so much time with me on math, from flash cards to word problems, from elementary through high school. I know it frustrated you that you (an engineer and physicist) never managed to come up with language I could understand. We were just on different planets. In the end, you weren't able to help me at all. But you tried so hard, and I appreciate that.

katastic
#98 Print Post
Posted on October 25 2010 04:10 AM

Dear Mom,
It's sad that you think college is a waste of time. Perhaps this is why you never graduated high school?
"How can you talk if you havn't got a brain?" "Well, I don't know. But some people without brains do an aweful lot of talking."

Mohinga
#99 Print Post
Posted on October 25 2010 12:23 PM

Dear relative

I'm very happy that you got the job you wanted, I really am..
It's not your fault, or anybody elses, that your good news made me feel like a complete failure.
Edited by Mohinga on October 25 2010 12:24 PM
I'm a violin so stop trying to make me sound like a piano!!

Dyscalculia doesn't bother me as much as all the nasty accessories that came with it

Kestrel6
Posted on October 25 2010 06:59 PM

Dear assorted elementary school teachers:
Thanks for convincing my parents that "all" I needed to do was "apply myself" instead of letting them investigate into whether or not I had a problem or needed help. The Ritalyn was fun but didn't help with the math.
Blessed are the PURR in heart!

http://twicetoldtails.googlepages.com
Jump to Forum: