Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,054
· Newest Member: directionallyimpaired

View Thread

Print Thread
British Dyscalculia Org set up?
justfoundout
#41 Print Post
Posted on November 13 2009 03:57 PM

11/13/09
Actually, robertj, I apologize. The way that I'd copied and pasted that link that Geoff gave us in his post,... the link wasn't 'found' and it wasn't 'connecting'. So, I've removed the link that wasn't working in my above post, repasted it so that it works. And I'll send you a PM with an update. - jus'
Edited by justfoundout on November 13 2009 03:57 PM

jackyrivers
#42 Print Post
Posted on December 11 2009 06:07 AM

Simulation pret immobilier

Great idea! I hope to register soon (gotta ask my parents) - hopefully more dyscalculics will be able to get help through our organization.

justfoundout
#43 Print Post
Posted on December 11 2009 06:03 PM

12/11/09
Dear CheshireKat,
We have another one of those weblinks posted to the forum. (See above.) Sadest of all is when I see that someone has taken the time to give a big 'welcome' to the spammer. - jus'
Edited by justfoundout on December 11 2009 06:05 PM

justfoundout
#44 Print Post
Posted on March 09 2010 05:56 PM

3/9/10
tr3slunas and a few other have participated in some testing over there in the UK. Have you all gotten your 'results' back yet? Or, were you given projected dates of when you'll 'hear back' from the professionals involved in the testing? Does any of this 'tie in' with getting a UK Dyscalculia Association started? And, Geoff, it's still March, Dyscalculia Awareness Month. Are there any 'chores' that you'd like for us all to 'pitch in with' toward getting ourselves more 'organized'. <dyscalculic inside joke> - jus'
Edited by justfoundout on May 07 2010 12:36 PM

brack02
#45 Print Post
Posted on March 22 2010 08:40 PM

Hi all,

My computer seems to be having a moment and it doesn't look like it posted the post i wrote last night - unless i just drempt it Pfft. I'm still interested in helping to set up the British Dyscalculia Assosciation, so if i can be of any help just drop me a private message.

Clare.

brack02
#46 Print Post
Posted on May 07 2010 09:38 AM

Hi all,

If people are interested in forming a committee or just sharing ideas for the Dyscalculia UK then let me know, it would be great to get this underway, but we need to pull together to get it going. Just drop me a pm, ask Geoff for my email or leave a message on the Global forum.

Thanks all.

Clare.

tr3slunas
#47 Print Post
Posted on May 07 2010 06:42 PM

Clare I am currently writing (though taking a break due to exams) the information for a uk website- salsa has been doing a great job of raising awareness through trade unions- I am happy to talk about setting up a comitee but I think the website should be completed first - pm me if you want to help, I can let you know how.
Count me in! Wink

justfoundout
#48 Print Post
Posted on May 07 2010 07:24 PM

5/7/10
Dear tr3s, Clare, and salsa,
I just want you to know that I'm always reading your updates here, but that I 'restrain myself' from posting so that your names and your 'fresh posts' will stand out for others, especially in the UK. I wish you all the greatest success with starting an Association. - jus'

brack02
#49 Print Post
Posted on May 08 2010 08:56 AM

Hi, Tr3s, Jus & Salsa,

Tr3s - GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! Hope your exams go well, i'm going to be moving house in about 2 weeks (I currently use a dongle for the internet so i'll still have access but my postings might be a little erratic), i'll looking into buying the website package and then i can work on a design as such, has anyone got any ideas to for a 'logo' to show support, i recently received a breast cancer awareness ribbon on face book show your support and i noticed that diabetes and the heart disease (I think) also had ribbons and i thought that we could have our own idea/logo.

I do like the strap line "Discalculia - when numbers just don't add up" as our 'tag' line, it's quite a good one so ppl to get a quick understanding of what dyscalculia partially means. If anyone has any ideas on what the website should look like then feel free to let me know Smile Time to go and pack a few boxes!Shock

ClareCool

salsa
#50 Print Post
Posted on May 08 2010 09:45 AM

hello everyone, sorry not been around for a couple of weeks, our router has died and cant get on the internet only on my hubby's computer. its so slow. patience is a virtue i know. well it should be fixed this weekend. i'm off to annual confernce in bournemouth in 3 weeks time. I will take my badges and information and ask the education dept to advertise the forum and if anyone has any other websites for dyscalculia then could you let me have them. I will try and compile a leaflet kind of thing for uk people. great way to get the news out through confernce there will be around 1200 people there over the week. I have control of a part of a website and i will put the dyscalculia forum on my next learning newsletter which goes out to the branch.

hope everyone is well, the weather is getting better now so that makes a whole lot of difference. keep spreading the word everyone.

SalsaCool

Helen C
#51 Print Post
Posted on May 25 2010 10:57 AM

Hi,

I've just joined this forum (see my post on the parents forum). What progress have you made since posting your appeal last year?

justfoundout
#52 Print Post
Posted on May 25 2010 02:49 PM

5/25/10
Hello again, Helen C. I've read your post on the Parents section and 'greeted' you there. I'm just trying to 'follow' the train of thought. Whose appeal from last year are you asking about in your above post? - jus'

brack02
#53 Print Post
Posted on May 27 2010 05:49 PM

Hi Helen,

Good to have you aboard, i've just dropped you a Pm. I'll read your posts in a second. Hope to see you around and feel free to contribute any thing to this thread, it's all useful.

Clare Smile

brack02
#54 Print Post
Posted on May 27 2010 06:09 PM

Hi all,

I've just PM'd all the brits on this thread - other than the people i'm already talking to lol, Hopefully we will get more people joing in and putting ideas forward. If there are any more Brits out there PLEASE PLEASE we NEED your help to get this idea well and truly up and running, we are gradually getting there we just need more people and more ideas. Hope to hear from you soon. Sorry for all the PM's! lol. Clare.

justfoundout
#55 Print Post
Posted on July 08 2010 03:46 PM

7/8/10
I'm needing a little help,... or maybe I just need to take my computer back to the 'tech'. My computer crashed a few weeks ago. When I got it back, my 'tech' had tightened up the 'security' settings considerably. I used to be able to easily (and with no ill effect) access the link that Geoff gave us in his post #23 (or was it #26, sorry) above. It's the link for the Global Forum, (free hosting site). But now, my computer inserts just the first part of the website and gives me a 'blank page',... pretending that it's done it's job. A box does come up, asking me if I want to 'allow' the site. I click 'okay' and wait, but the box goes away and the page stays 'blank'. - jus'
Edited by justfoundout on July 08 2010 03:47 PM

tr3slunas
#56 Print Post
Posted on July 09 2010 12:00 AM

Didn't PM me Wink I have some pages I wrote somewhere to start the writing on the website off, I will dig them out at some point and put them where you can all review them, I have done a lot of groundwork into the legal and where to find help aspects of dyscalculia, I havent had chance to get any further as my feet have not touched the ground with work/uni/other commitments Smile scuse my english i am on a late night train trying to type on my mobile!!

Edit;: Jus if I recall same thing happened to me when I went back and clicked on the link, cant try it now but will have a go in the next couple of days.
Edited by tr3slunas on July 09 2010 12:03 AM
Count me in! Wink

eoffg
#57 Print Post
Posted on July 09 2010 08:24 AM

Administrator

Here's the link to our Dyscalculia-Global forum, and I updated the link on the earlierpost:
http://forum.dysc.../index.php

justfoundout
#58 Print Post
Posted on July 09 2010 04:46 PM

7/9/10
The link to Global Forum works perfectly for me now, even faster than before. Thanks, Geoff. And, I've edited my post #39, updating that same link within my post, too.

Tr3s, that's great that you've got some pages written for the British Association, with "groundwork into the legal and where to find help aspects of dyscalculia'. Have you found anything on starting an Online Association, especially within the UK? And, you may have noticed that when UK'ers have shown up in the past months interested in being tested, I've sent them to the Thread where you participated in the Dr. Butterworth endeavor? You might have even received some PMs due to my 'referrals'? Getting a British site up and running will be a huge improvement. All my backing to you on this. - jus'

brack02
#59 Print Post
Posted on July 09 2010 06:16 PM

Hi all,

I've been 'leafing' through the charity commission for any useful odds and ends for the possible 'charity' side if it comes to that, working in the charity sector i know of a few 'support' organisations that have become charities. I'd love to read what you have found Tr3's, sorry Jus i emailed you the wrong link having another D-oh moment! I would upload a logo but i can't find it on my netbook, i'll have to investigate my few USB's and see if it's on there and then i'll up load it.

Clare Smile

tr3slunas
#60 Print Post
Posted on July 09 2010 08:59 PM

I will start transferring what I have written over to the global forum, To clarify I am now writing up the main text for webpages under certain headings for information I have synthesized and digested.

Here is Higher education
http://forum.dysc...amp;t=1623

I was in the middle of writing 'dyscalculia in the work place' will and try and finish in the next few weeks. Much of my work has been into support, law, rights and adult areas - if someone would like to take up the reigns for writing a page on dyscalculia in children/ at school it would be a great help - If a parent who has been through the process with their child would like to add that would be great Smile
Edited by tr3slunas on July 09 2010 09:01 PM
Count me in! Wink

Jump to Forum: