Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 11

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,056
· Newest Member: SBP

View Thread

Print Thread
Could our hate of Dance be related to Synchronization ?
forestwolf
#1 Print Post
Posted on December 23 2010 02:45 AM

Im feeling inspired to share some dance theory with you all , just an observation I have made that makes me wonder if it could be connected .

My theory is that the our brain waves dont respond to flowing movements the same way it does to other sorts , and that this also transcends into sports and also dance -hence why we share common traits.

I've never like football for example because Ive never understood it - the rules or the passage of play, as it just seems random for the most part who is doing what .

Whereas Iove tennis because it follows simple passage of play that are restricted to a point and not based on who just happens to be there .

In dance form ( though I am no exper.t ) I think this correponds more to how the movements are in sync with beat or tempo so it makes sense.

For example although i hate dance I love anything that involves movement that is in sync to music i.e. even synchronised swimming

I'll also go one step further and bet those that love classical music , or jass without any breaks or distinctive beats as such are probably a lot better at maths .

This is just on the fly keep in mind but ask yourself how you feel about these videos compared to others youd usually find more associated with flowing uninterrupted movements.

Ok the last is a bot of joke , but relevant nonetheless.

sheila

Edited by forestwolf on December 23 2010 02:53 AM

Jump to Forum: