Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 6

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,048
· Newest Member: Nicki Holmes

View Thread

Print Thread
Catching up - Filling you in
Kathy
#1 Print Post
Posted on January 27 2011 12:26 AM

Hey everyone,

So sorry I have been busy, I have been moving my dad into an aged care facility over the last three weeks. My mum passed away end of 2006 and my dad was diagnosed with Dementia at the same time. So finally he felt ready to move into an Aged care Independent living unit. His care is fantastic and has eased the worry I have had.

Fun moving someone with short term memory loss, I kept finding cheese slices everywhere, in every cupboard. Finally I just had to ask my dad "Whats with all the cheese slices dad?" He simply said -"Well I get a cheese slice to eat, then I might get a phone call or distracted and I put it down" - makes sence to me!Grin

My dad also suffers from epilepsy and had a few nasty turns over the last few weeks - just from the stress. So hopefully all will be good and I will be back chatting on this site again.
Cheers for now
kathyGrin
Albert Einstein said: "Many of the things you can count, don't count. Many of the things you can't count, really count!."

Laura
#2 Print Post
Posted on January 27 2011 12:44 AM

Hey Kathy,

Man that sucks your finding cheese everywhere lol... least he knows where he put the cheese in a sense lol

This must be hard on you and I am sorry yu are going through this at the moment. Least you Dad will get settled into the home soon enough and as you say lessen the burden on you as it must be hard for you to worry about your Dad all the time.

How is your Dad's epilepsy doing now? Hope he is doing good

Take Care of yourself ok!!

xxx
BEEN THERE DONE THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT

Jump to Forum: