Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 8

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,048
· Newest Member: Nicki Holmes

View Thread

Print Thread
What is your favorite T.V. show or movie?
Riker
#21 Print Post
Posted on May 25 2011 11:44 PM

FeatherQuill wrote:
Ummm for T.V I love Green Wing (I guess you could compare it to scrubs). And Black Books (I like the wierd humour they have going on)
And Black Adder is a brilliant comedy program!

When it came out I was seriously into Like on Mars then I followed through with Ashes to Ashes

Black Books is good.
"Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter" - Oscar Wilde

Kate Plus Love
#22 Print Post
Posted on July 01 2011 09:38 PM

I envy you folks in the U.K. because your TV shows are so smart. Smile I wish we had BBC on our cable system but I'm sure that even if we did, nobody would watch it besides me -- and I don't own the remote. Even the news over there just seems so smart -- idk, maybe that's because my family members prefer to gather around Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck for Fox News' "Unfair and Chemically Imbalanced" brand of pseudo-reporting. Angry

My favorite films include basically anything with a release date between '80 and '89, especially the John Hughes teen flicks (and similar ones not specifically from the recently-passed father of the Brat Pack): Breakfast Club, Say Anything, License to Drive, etc.

The only reality show I've ever enjoyed is Cops (bad boys, bad boys...) because unlike the "reality shows" on TV today, it shows how bad stupidity is rather than glamorizing it (i.e. Kardashians, Survivor, Real Housewives, etc.). As for scripted TV, I prefer the shows now in reruns (Lucy, Cheers, Seinfeld, Friends) over the newer stuff on the fall schedule. HBO seems to have some pretty good programs (Entourage, True Blood, Sopranos), but alas, we don't have subscription TV. I will miss Law & Order: Criminal Intent because Goren's character was always very Holmes-esque (and Eames his elementary-sized Watson!), and the way he could just put things together was the best part of the show.

What's Castle, btw? Sounds like The Tudors or something involving royalty. Tell me it doesn't have anything to do with Kate Plus Will Minus Grace and I may tune in. Wink
Q: What kind of bunny multiplies but can't read?
A: A Playboy bunny!

Q: When is the glass neither half full nor half empty?
A: Happy hour! Wink

justfoundout
#23 Print Post
Posted on July 03 2011 09:50 PM

7/3/11
This isn't my 'favorite', but I thought that it was noteworthy. Do you remember Paul Drake, the detective in the Perry Mason series? His name was William DeWolf Hopper, Jr. Before Perry Mason, he was in the movies. I found a link about him. Scrolling to the bottom, I found this old movie, posted full length, in which William DeWolf Hopper plays 'John'. Amusingly, the get-away car's driver in the first scenes is Jackie Gleason, back when he was so young that it's hard to be sure it's really him. Those in countries other than the US, please let me know whether or not this link will open for you. - jus'
http://www.brians...opper.html

krissgale
#24 Print Post
Posted on July 25 2011 06:41 AM

My most favorite movies of last month released in 2011 are:
Hangover II, X Men first class, Fast five, Harry potter and deathly hallows part 2, Bad teachers, tree of life, Project Nim, and super 8 . and my favorite tv show, which are currently in progress and come back with airing new season are:
Jersey shore, Glee, Pretty little liars, Gossip girl, Game of Thrones and killing.

RottieWoman
#25 Print Post
Posted on July 25 2011 04:01 PM

I wanted to see Super 8 - how as the acting in there?
I read some good stuff about it...but don't give it awaySmile

Donald90
#26 Print Post
Posted on August 01 2011 12:26 PM

In Movies My Favorite is Inception and Ocean 11

and in TV Shows I love Dexter and Simpson

CoastGurl
#27 Print Post
Posted on February 09 2012 02:57 AM

Favourite tv show(s): Big Bang Theory, Daily Show, Colbert Report, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Rome, Poirot, Downton Abby, Sherlock (the new one), The River, Supernatural, Ancient Aliens, Teen Mom, cooking shows ( I <3 cooking shows!), Time Team, Firefly.
Favourite movies: Anything to do with zombies/aliens/vampires (except Twilight, I hate twilight), Pandoram, Wall-E, Serenity, Shattered, Insideious, Paranormal activity, lord of the rings, Howl's Moving Castle, unchained, and a ton more Grin
So my math isn't that good, and my spelling doesn't always make sense, but I try and that's really the only thing you can do in life.

RottieWoman
#28 Print Post
Posted on February 09 2012 02:53 PM

ooh, my husband and I loved Firefly and Serenity, CoastGurl! I also like "The Daily Show" ...never heard of "Big Bang Theory" program..what's that about??
I think "The River" will be a new show here, I just saw the previews for it last night-
Edited by RottieWoman on February 09 2012 02:54 PM

justfoundout
#29 Print Post
Posted on February 15 2012 07:26 PM

2/15/12
The detective/crime series "Unforgetable" is turning out good. The main pretty-lady detective has complete recall of what she's seen and heard,... kind of the reverse of us? ;) Though sometimes we 'have our moments' when we do remember something. - jus'

CheshireKat
#30 Print Post
Posted on February 15 2012 11:26 PM

Rottie, I love Firefly and Serenity too! I watched the whole season on Netflix over my winter break for the first time, everyone had been telling me to watch it for years but I never got around to it until recently. I can't believe it got canceled!! Just goes to show that people don't know good, intelligent, captivating TV when they see it. :/
"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." - Eric Hoffer

CoastGurl
#31 Print Post
Posted on March 06 2012 12:27 AM

RottieWoman wrote:
ooh, my husband and I loved Firefly and Serenity, CoastGurl! I also like "The Daily Show" ...never heard of "Big Bang Theory" program..what's that about??
I think "The River" will be a new show here, I just saw the previews for it last night-

Hi RottiWoman!

Big Bang Theory is about a group of physists/nerds struggling in life together and the only girl, Penny, who is probably the most human of them all. It's actually really funny.
So my math isn't that good, and my spelling doesn't always make sense, but I try and that's really the only thing you can do in life.

RottieWoman
#32 Print Post
Posted on March 06 2012 03:54 AM

Hi 'Kat and Coastgurl!

yeah, Kat we were both bummed about the cancellation!
The man who played the captain of Firefly is in another show now called Castle - have you seen it?

Hi CoastGurl, thanks for the explanation on the Big Bang show - that looks good! I'd like to look for itSmile

idk3danica
#33 Print Post
Posted on March 08 2012 11:47 AM

My favorite tv show is Greys Anatomy and my favorite movie is Inception.......

http://dollhouse.... , http://star-wars....

csk2summitt
#34 Print Post
Posted on March 29 2012 03:39 PM

My favorite tv shows are: Futurama, The Simpsons, The Office, How I Met Your Mother.

My favorite tv Movies are: Inception, The Omen, 50 :50 and Avatar

http://white-coll... , http://frasier.ot...

RottieWoman
#35 Print Post
Posted on April 06 2012 03:43 PM

Probably Fringe as far as tv program-

justfoundout
#36 Print Post
Posted on April 06 2012 11:08 PM

4/6/12
Can I put this here if it 'isn't' my favorite movie? In my Spanish Composition through Literature class, the latest story that we read and analyzed was La Casa de Bernarda Alba. It was a long play. After we'd read all of it and had several classes analyzing it, the teacher gave us a treat where, for one class, all we had to do was watch this final part of the play as enacted by Spanish actors. I think that it was well done in this version. If you click on the link, you'll see the other parts of the play off to the side on YouTube. I haven't watched those other parts yet, only the one that I'm supplying the link to. Any Spanish aficionados should enjoy spending a few minutes with this film. - jus'
This is part 8, the part I've watched.
http://www.youtub...ure=relmfu

This is part 7. My teacher sent me this link because I wanted to watch the rest of the movie.
http://www.youtub...zlzZRzOaQQ
Edited by justfoundout on April 06 2012 11:13 PM

Kathy
#37 Print Post
Posted on April 07 2012 04:19 AM

My favourite movie is "an Affair to remember" I know I'm a hopeless romantic, but it is Cary Grant & Debra Kerr - I cry everytime and laugh every time - now that's what makes a great movie.Grin
Albert Einstein said: "Many of the things you can count, don't count. Many of the things you can't count, really count!."

justfoundout
#38 Print Post
Posted on April 10 2012 09:51 PM

4/10/12
I haven't seen that one to my recollecion, Kathy. I'll Google it later. Sometimes here, when it's an old movie, they don't tell us the name of it after it's started playing on TV. So, maybe I've seen it without realizing it. Love Cary Grant's movies. He was so good in Charade, too,... with Audrey Hepburn. - jus'

Jump to Forum: