Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 5

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,048
· Newest Member: Nicki Holmes

View Thread

Print Thread
Does anybody on here have OCD?
Pixie
#1 Print Post
Posted on April 09 2012 12:11 AM

Well simply I have some really bad days with OCD and I need someone to talk to about it who has it and will nderstand because I find it embarassing to talk to someone about it who doesn't have OCD.
Thank you for any replys.
And also please if you comment can you say if you would be fine with me mailing you through this website.

squeakymonster
#2 Print Post
Posted on April 09 2012 01:09 AM

Pixie, I was diagnosed as very compulsive and do have a lot of OCD symptoms, but not enough to be diagnosed as OCD (I also avoided ADD/ADHD by a few points). As a person with an LD, I'm sure you understand there is a difference. However, if my rosin for my violin is put away differently than the way I would put it away, I get upset. The radio station has to be in what I refer to as "whole" numbers, ending in a 5 or a 0 (15, 20...), the tension pin on my bow has to be perfectly lined up with the lines on the stick.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me on here, but fair warning, my camp schedule kicks in shortly (next month), so there may be weeks my check-ins, as internet will be not readily available.
I'm NOT lost, I'm just taking the scenic rout!

Pixie
#3 Print Post
Posted on April 09 2012 11:46 AM

Wow I have learning disabilities too I do understand the difference, I'm suspected to have ADD/ADHD, my obsessive number is numbers in the 5 x table also I play violin Smile

squeakymonster
#4 Print Post
Posted on April 09 2012 08:06 PM

Wow, that's crazy. We both prefer numbers from the 5x category and play the violin. I'm wondering if when I am retested to update my diagnosis if I'll get the ADD/ADHD diagnosis. Just a few points higher and I would have. I think I may have it but it got overlooked because the dyscalculia is a bigger obstacle for me.

Anyway, I'm off to the University Orchestra. See ya around! Smile

Pixie
#5 Print Post
Posted on April 12 2012 10:50 AM

Well I hate odd numbers but I see 5 as an even number because I see it as the middle.....if that makes any sense? xD

squeakymonster
#6 Print Post
Posted on April 12 2012 11:32 AM

Totally, I'm the same way. To me, if it ends in a 5 or 0, it's a "whole number", which is weird but that's just the way it is. Oh the way the brain works sometimes! Pfft

justfoundout
#7 Print Post
Posted on April 13 2012 03:51 PM

4/12/12
I've always liked 5. It's half of 10,... and I understand 10, because I have 10 fingers. I even like 5 times 5 equals 25. 25 can be a Quarter (American 25 cent piece). And 4 Quarters make a dollar (American bill worth 100 cents). 'Nice to know' when you are standing in front of a vending machine. ;) So, yes, I fit in with Pixie and Squeaky as a dyscalculic that likes '5'. - jus'

Laura
#8 Print Post
Posted on May 06 2012 06:56 PM

Yup undiagnosised OCD..... mines is more cleanieness though.

I must be clean at all times. I can take up to 3 showers a day. I am getting better with this though. I wash my hands and I must use 3 pumps 3 times so I pump out 9 pumps of soap. I try to cool it when I am at other people's houses or out in public.

I can only use a specific fork, spoon and knife. I inspect everything I use before I use it.

I only use to wear red clothes. Every top I owned was red. Thankfully I have grown out of this one.

I can become very obsessive about people friends and famous people. I will research people until I have exhausted google lol! With friends its harder. I have actually lost friends because of this. I need to have contact with them at least once a day. If I don't I get upset and think I have done something wrong. So stupid I know. I have lost 4 friends because of this.

Every cd, dvd and book I own MUST be in alphabetical order or I will have to sort it out there and then. I have been up till all hours fixing my dvd's when people put them in the wrong place

Sometimes OCD really makes my life difficult
BEEN THERE DONE THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT

squeakymonster
#9 Print Post
Posted on May 07 2012 09:14 PM

Laura, I should have looked you up when cleaning my room. I have visual-spatial impairment, which makes organizing things very difficult, because of the way my brain processes a "mess". However, yes, OCD can make life difficult, even if you're not actually diagnosed with it.

Jump to Forum: