Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Forum Threads

Member Poll

Do you tell people that you have dyscalculia?

You must login to vote.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 6

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 6,056
· Newest Member: SBP

View Thread

Print Thread
HI! IM ljj! guidance or help needed
ljj589
#1 Print Post
Posted on May 17 2012 02:39 AM

Hi. my name is ljj. Im unique. i love writing, I love arguaing. I love debating. I love having a schedule. I love structured enviorments. I love mi math teacher. I love wearing tights and leggings, i own countless pairs. I love to dance.

I hate math. I hate times tables. i hate mi school councelsor. i hate ignorant people who jsut think dyscalculias is fake. I hate reading clocks. i hate crying infront of people, yet i do it alot. I hate open enviorments. I hate gettin gup early. I hate mi hand writing. I hate having dyscalculia.

I would love to talk 2 more people about this i was JUST diagnoesd and it finally makes sense to me. All the struggle, diddapointment, and bewildermint. I try the hardest out of all mi siblings, yea they get A's in math and I get C's. I do mi hw everynight and there total flakes about it. My school counselor says i shoulnt label mislef. I think she thinks im full ot it. I got a d in pe. The teacher is dumb. Its not structured. i need some guidance from someone on this site. I feel so alone with this.
Edited by eoffg on May 18 2012 12:56 AM

justfoundout
#2 Print Post
Posted on June 06 2012 02:50 PM

6/6/12
Hi ljj589,
I'm sorry that I missed seeing this post of yours earlier. That's great that you've gotten your diagnosis. Many of us here have had the same problem with people who 'should know better' not believeing that dyscalculia is real. In the US, we have the Americans with Disabilities Act that offers us some legal protection. If a person in authority blatantly infringes on our rights, there will be someone with authority over 'that' person to point out their error. That way, even if they still don't believe that dyscalculia is real, they still have to obey the law.

You mentioned your hand writing. Were you also diagnosed with dysgraphia? Or, were you meaning that you just, in general, don't like your hand writing? Nice to meet you. - jus'
Edited by justfoundout on June 06 2012 08:35 PM

RottieWoman
#3 Print Post
Posted on June 06 2012 06:38 PM

welcome here, ljj589!

In my pre-college school years I cried in front of people alot. I was very shy, sensitive child and still cry easily. I was very fearful of talking in front of people. I hated reading clocks too and have never worn a watch. I got low grades in any p.e. class too and was always made fun of and bullied so Iwas very scared all the time.

I understand how it is when you're just diagnosed - wow, it's like, so THAT'S why this and that! I remember how alone and bewildered I've felt at times. But you're not alone - you are here with us!:)

Jump to Forum: